Thursday, February 18, 2010

UEN Tools


After finishing UEN and Pioneer Library post to your Blog what you think about UEN and Pioneer Library, how you would use it in a classroom setting, and how you would have your students use UEN and Pioneer Library. Be specific and use examples. What you liked, what you didn't like, what worked, what didn't work.


1. I think that UEN is a cool program. I am from California so in California there is nothing like UEN. I would use UEN in my classroom in many ways the main way would be to have all my assignments up on the calender and have all of my lectures so the parents and students could see and have access to these things. Another way that I would use UEN is I would put all the major websites on my bookmarks and when the students need to visit the website they can just go to UEN and hit the bookmark. This will insure that all the students know how to get to the website and that they will have a safe search. An other way I could use UEN is when a student is sick I can have my lesson plans up on UEN so they would not get behind.


The pioneer library is a very useful tool to have. It will be very useful to me as a teacher. I can have the students do a report on a different culture and I know that each student will be able to find creditable information. I could also have the students go on a virtual tours of a historical site. On pioneer they also have a program that has issue that are important to students today. I could use this to have my class have a debate on something that is important to them. Then I can relate their debate to a historical debate. I also really liked the song program on pioneer. I love having the students learn history through music. I think that it is a wonderful way the students can see different viewpoints. I found a song call good ol' rebel that show the feeling of the South towards the North after the Civil War. The World book program did not work that well for me but the rest of the pioneer tool worked perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment